I gave up red meat and chicken for Lent. My meals revolved around vegetables, tofu and seafood.
The Bay Area makes it easy. I thought it was exciting to explore vegetarian and vegan menus in San Francisco and beyond.
- Vegetable Quiche (Inspired by the South Beach Diet recipe. However, I wanted to use leftover eggs in the fridge)
- Vegetarian Chili (Hubby loved it when I added seitan)
- Leftover Thai Asparagus Soup with hard-boiled egg (Leftover Marnee Thai food and having fun with egg molds from Suzanne’s Vietnam/Japan adventure!)
- Seitan Salpicao (I modified Bianca’s beef recipe and added seitan. It worked, but I missed the smoky tones from caramelized beef)
- Brown Rice with Tofu, Dried Mushrooms and Spinach (Thanks Martha Stewart!)
- Zesty Avocado Dressing Over Green Salad (reminded me of that creamy Ranch dressing texture!)